Monday, December 10, 2007

Week 3 - Thing #5


I have heard of Flickr before, but have never spent any real time on it. Heck! I even suggested another TL use it in class a couple of weeks ago when her pic couldn't be seen otherwise. So today I sat down and went through the tour. Most of it was fairly basic stuff that matched a number of other sites I've seen like ccMixter and Freesound in terms of tags and grouping. But then I went on to to see the "interestingness" and the interesting images from the last 7 days.
.
I was blown away.
.
I just kept reloading and reloading the screen to see new pictures... and they were all amazing. I've always loved photography and taking pictures, but I've never come close to what some of these people were doing. I know that I have a couple of pics here and there that I could hope would be considered "interesting" by the good folks at flickr, but there were a few pics that just bowled me over and kept me on the floor. The one I've added here, by Lee Seung Kye, is exquisite. Granted, it appears that he's a pro, but that doesn't make me any less in awe of him and his work.
.
Of course, this just makes me more determined to save up for a decent digital SLR so that I can at least have the equipment to take pics that might someday be this nice.

1 comment:

librarymum said...

Hey, this is fun to read in a post of an event I was present for, the pic you saved for a class member by using flickr. I really like it too. It just got blocked at school, unfortunately, and now something I put on my blog has violation on it.

Have you had time to look at the 365 Library Days Project? It's a group in flickr where people are posting library pictures and tagging them with the tag 365libs. You have some great shots of your library that would be a great addition to the collection in flickr.

Librarymum