Monday, December 3, 2007

Thing 2

I would say the most difficult thing for me to do with 7 1/2 habit of lifelong learners is setting goals. I set plenty of goals. I am the goal-setting queen. My problem is that many of my goals are long-term and are dependent on my state of mind at a later date. I don't often set realistic short-term goals.
Part of my problem is also that I tend to take on too much. I am not only the teacher librarian at my school, I run AR (so far without extra $$), I manage the LMC MacLab, as well as do my best to manage all the other macs on campus (oh, the joys of Apple Remote Desktop), I'm taking classes to get my credential and master's degree, and I have an almost 5-year-old. There is also the fact that, while I am desperate to get teachers to USE the LMC, I am sometimes frustrated when they're here because I can't do all the other things I need to and they often have difficulties managing their students, resulting in an LMC that looks like a tornado hit it by the time they leave. Admittedly, it is a very long LMC, creating management issues for any sane person.
So what I need to do is create more short-term, realistic goals that I can keep without stressing over. And if I'm late meeting them, that's ok... as long as I don't skip them altogether.

3 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Welcome to School Library Learning 2.0 -- enjoy "winter 2.0 fun" with your fellow CSLA friends.

Best wishes.
- JackieS
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager

librarymum said...

Hi there,
Welcome back to SLL2.0. I get to be one of your peer cheers. You can't get away from me, even tho' 530 is over (almost!). This will be fun keeping up with your blog and I like the pictures of your library. Bye for now.

Librarymum

Liz Dodds said...

What a lot of hats you wear! Have fun with your almost five year old over the holiday break and we'll keep cheering you on for School Library Learning 2.0!